Send to One Volunteer
- Start to type the volunteer’s name in the Quick Search bar on the right near the top of page
- Click on the volunteer from the list that appears
- Click on the “Communications” tab
- Click “Send Email”
- Compose the message:
- Optional: Select “BCC to Contacts” if you wish to include someone who does not have a profile in Volunteer Impact as a recipient. The profile will be added to the list for future use.
- Optional: Select an Email Template to use, if you have created one
- Enter the email Subject (maximum 200 characters)
- If you want to include the first or last name of your recipient in the subject of your email, you can type in %%1 (first name) or %%2 (last name) as part of your subject or click the [+ FN] or [+ LN] button.
- Enter the Body of the message (text only, although you can use a variety of formatting options including tables and use the File Manager to insert images or links to files)
- If you want to include the first or last name of your recipient in the body of your email, go to “Insert” and select either “First name place holder” or “Last name place holder”. Alternatively, you can type in %%1 (first name) or %%2 (last name).
- Optional: If you would like to add Attachments from your computer or from the Document Library, click the applicable [Browse] button
- If the attachment you want to use has not yet been added to the Document Library, you can add it from here by clicking the [+ Create New Document] button below the list of existing files.
- Optional: Select the “Priority” and/or “Read Receipt”
- These features may not be available on all email providers used by your volunteers, so your recipients may not see a “priority” or a “read receipt”.
- Optional: Check “Send me a copy of this message” to have a copy of the email sent to the address associated with your profile. You’ll then be presented with an option to “Include recipient list in my copy”. If you select this, a list of the recipients will appear at the bottom of that message you are copied on. The selection you make will be remembered the next time you return to send an email.
- Select the desired Module(s) associated with this message. Only administrators of the selected modules will be able to see this email in the history. For example: If you select only Volunteer, only administrators of the Volunteer module will be able to see this email.
- Click the [Send Email] button
Send to Multiple Volunteers
- Go to: Communicate >> Send Email
- Search for the desired profiles:
- You can enter up to 10 search criteria. Remember to set the Match Type to either “Include people who match ALL of the above” criteria or “Include people who match ANY of the above” criteria before running your search.
- Compose the message (following the same steps as listed above)
- Click the [Send Email] button (if the email is going to more than one person, a confirmation dialog will appear asking you to acknowledge that you are sure you want to send the email).