Support for Volunteers: Customized Help Documents
NOTE:Better Impact can create customized help documents for your volunteers for an additional fee. Please contact us today for more details!
Organizations can create their own customized help document, webpage and/or video for volunteers to utilize specific to the functions they will be using on MyVolunteerPage.com. The examples below are provided by the Assiniboine Park Conservancy:
Customized Help Manual: http://bttr.im/orpsw
Customized Help Videos: http://bttr.im/muevq
Once you create your customized help document or webpage, we can add a link for volunteers to access these via the Help Icon on MyVolunteerPage.com or you can upload your document to the Document Library for volunteers to access via their Volunteer Home Page under “Files“.
Add Custom Help link for your Volunteers
- Create your support document
- Upload it online (one commonly used method is cloud storage like Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive) or create your webpage
- Send your document URL or website URL and document name to Better Impact at email@example.com. Note: the document name will become the name of the link that your volunteers will be able to click on to access your help page.
- Let us know if you would like this help page to replace or supplement the volunteer help articles that are already provided by Better Impact
- We will enable this link to your custom help page on MyVolunteerPage.com
- We will let you know when it is ready to go!
Add to the Document Library
- Create training material
- Go to: Configuration >> Document Library
- Click the [New Document] button or click the [+] button to the left of the Document list heading
- Enter the Title for the document (required, maximum 200 characters
- Check who can see the document (“Visible to“):
- Administrators – only administrators
- Others – includes volunteers, clients and/or members (depending on what modules you have in your subscription)
- Others (Accepted/Active Only) – includes only volunteers, clients and/or members (depending on what modules you have in your subscription) with an Accepted or Active status
- Check whether or not the document will be highlighted (displayed) to volunteers on MyVolunteerPage.com without them having to click the [Files] button
- Select the Module(s) to which the document should be associated. These could be Administrator, Volunteer, Client or Member depending on what modules you have in your subscription.
- Click the [Select A File] button
- Optional: Enter a Description (visible only to administrators)
- Click the [Save] button