Text Messaging: Opting In (or Out)
IMPORTANT:Only a volunteer can set or edit their text messaging settings. If they have enabled text messaging, you will be able to send them text messages.
If a volunteer wants to let you send them text messages, here’s how they can set it up:
- Log on to your volunteer profile in MyVolunteerPage.com
- Go to: MY PROFILE >> Contact Information
- In the “Contact Information” area, scroll to the “Text Messaging” section
- Check the box “I want to receive text messages on my cell phone”
- In the “Cell Phone Number” field, select the country from the drop list and enter your mobile telephone number (the country will typically auto select based on the number you enter).
- Click the [Save] button
TIP:If you want to know whether or not a volunteer has enabled text messaging, you can select the “TextMessagingEnabled” column in the Personal Profile Export.